Chinese duck sauce/orange packets?

It might be a sin to post this rudimentary question here. I'm sorry.

What is that neon orange sauce called? That comes with fried spring rolls. I want to know what to call it so I can ask for it. Is there a Chinese-language name for it? I want to know once and for all.

I know it's called duck sauce by googling it. Problem is, is there another sauce called duck sauce in Chinese cuisine? Because sometimes when I ask for Duck Sauce, they gave me something unmarked and mysteriously brown, may very-well be liquefied ducks souls.

Sometimes I try "plum sauce" and get the orange packs. Other times, I get plum sauce for dipping chicken fingers that says "Ye OlDe sTyLe" in calligraphy, I'm low but not that low.

I do love inauthentic food-court Chinese takeout DON'T CRINGE

submitted by /u/sewageforbrains
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/snQHPwC

Comments