I need basic help on safe refrigeration and reheating of cooked meals

Hi,

So basically my body clock is fucked, and there are times that I'd rather sleep than eat. However, to date I start cooking before the adenosine kicks in. Then I eat what I cook to be on the safe side of hygiene (this time last year I had *awful* food poisoning and thought I was going to die of COVID, lol, I've been paranoid about food hygiene since)

My issues are basically:

  • Which foods can be refrigerated, and which foods needs to be immediately eaten? (For example, tonight it's canned meat, mushrooms, leeks and sweet potatoes)
  • How long should I leave food to cook before refrigerating it?
  • How should I reheat them when I want to eat them?

Thanks for your help ^_^

submitted by /u/Xemnas81
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/335wTCw

Comments