Can someone help me piece together a stuffed cabbage recipe that my Alzheimers patient used to make?

Hi! I work in a long term alzheimers unit. One of my resident always talks about her stuffed cabbages. Tonight she was particuarly lucid (shes usually fairly lucid anyways) and I managed to get something of a recipe out of her. If anyone has heard of a recipe like this and can help me piece it together I would love to make it for her and bring it in.

What I know so far:

In a big bowl you put ground beef, a "big can" of tomatoes (im assuming a 28oz), uncooked rice, onion and orange crush soda. This is what struck me as odd but she is very insistent on this. She said its what makes the dish.

Then you steam the cabbage (has to be steamed, apparently) and put the meat mixture in.

She mentioned tomato paste too. I cant tell if that goes in the meat mixture or goes on the outside of the cabbage.

Then you start the cabbage rolls on the stove and finish in the oven?

Has anybody heard of a recipe like this, especially with the orange crush? Note she specifically said "Orange Crush" which is specific enough that i fully believe thats what she used.

submitted by /u/muffindude27
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3xqkGpU

Comments