How possible is it to get a food poisoning from unproperly cooked chicken and pork?

I made paella yesterday. The recipe said "cook the chicken and the pork until they get a nice brown colour". So I did that. When the chicken had brown to it, I got them off the pan. Then, after I cooked the rice and onions and added all the ingredients, I put the meats back on the pan and let it brew (low heat) for 20 minutes.

That was my first time cooking pork so I didn't know what colour it should be. It was kind of grey (not red!) when I took it out of the pan. The chicken had brown in it. And the meats were brewing with other ingredients for 20 minutes.

After I ate my paella, I got nervous. What if the pork wasn't cooked properly? And I don't know if it's in my head (it usually is) or if I'm just hungry, but I feel a bit shaky and dizzy. It's been 13 hours since I ate the food, but I started "feeling" weird like 30 minutes after eating it.

Now, I have a habit to overthink things and a fear of throwing up. If I think that something was for example rotten, I start to feel like it, even when the product was just fine. I want to hear your opinion on this. Judging from my story, how likely is it for me to have gotten a food poisoning?

submitted by /u/dontknowanythi
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2PCdIN0

Comments