Pinch grip question with chefs knife

I’ve been working on holding the chefs knife using a pinch grip, which to my understanding is best practice. When using a pinch grip and with my shoulders square to the cutting board, I have to chop at a 45 degree angle to the board due to the way my wrist is naturally forced. Chopping in line with the cutting board feels awkward and unnatural with this position, however I feel that chopping at a 45 degree angle also doesn’t feel natural (or the best use of cutting board space).

My question is: Am I incorrect in chopping at a 45 degree angle to the board? Should my shoulders not be square with the board in order to enable my wrist to chop in-line with the board? Or am I just holding the knife incorrectly still and none of this is relevant?

HELP, I feel I’ve been cooking for a bit too long to just now be asking this question...

submitted by /u/eduardeden
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3taQcGk

Comments