Smoked sausage and potato cakes

I am looking to replicate a dish I’ve seenu picture of from a restaurant about 5 hours from me. Description reads “Conecuh(local smoked sausage) sausage cake with smoked Gouda, onion, potato, herbs and seasoning.”This is topped with a bacon-wrapped filet, Cajun cream sauce and lump Blue crab meat. I remember seeing the pic that looked like a fat breaded and fried potato cake. My question is this-would you approach this from a potato cake standpoint, made from mashed potatoes with stir-ins, or crab cake standpoint, with potatoes diced or shredded, and diced sausage? Such a simple thing that plagues me the more I think of it! I truly appreciate any input from anyone willing to give it!

submitted by /u/lovetoread43
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/34Tij2d

Comments