Does tossing fresh herbs into a cold brine overnight actually season the Turkey/meat?

Let's make a long story as short and sweet as possible.

Made my 1st turkey for Thanksgiving this year. My girlfriends mom insisted we toss some herbs (Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage) into the overnight brine. She insisted it seasons the meat. I did a lot of research, and no brine recipe talked about tossing in herbs.

I think of tea and coffee, and it's usually brewed in hot water, not cold (yes, I know of cold brew, hence "usually")

So, did I waste my garden fresh herbs in the brine, or was my girfriends mom correct?

Either way, my smoked and grilled turkey came out to be the best turkey anyone ever had. If anyone's interested, I can post the recipe I used in the comments, but that's not the point of this post, so I'll only do it if requested.

submitted by /u/EmrakulTheBlazeTorn
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2V80YNC

Comments