Chicken breast pieces with tough, crunchy texture?

I just made some chicken tandoori using cubed chicken breast (about an inch thick) and I noticed firstly it was difficult to get the skewer through some pieces but thought nothing of it.

I cooked the chicken on 200C for about 20 minutes (wanted the marinade to char a little so left it longer than I usually would have). Some pieces were beautifully tender but other pieces had a really hard texture and a weird crunch to them. Note that all pieces came from a single breast.

I googled it and discovered the "woody breast" phenomenon. Is there a way to determine whether the breast was indeed woody or did I just overcook it? This has happened to me in the past as well but with fried chicken strips. In that case, I was certain it was breast and not the cooking.

submitted by /u/Cypher91
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2yY4d2d

Comments