Modern day gaming and feeling like a pavlovian dog

I’ve been video gaming for a hobby for well over a decade. I’ve played every genre of video games out there. Recently however, I’ve fallen into the trap of MMO’s and the whole “battle pass” scheme. What I’m trying to say is, I can’t enjoy playing video games anymore unless I know I’ll be rewarded for it in game. Whether that means my game time will amount to a skin, emote, an exclusive weapon, etc etc. I feel like I’m wasting my time and it honestly sucks.

I hate feeling this way and wish I could go back to enjoying a video game for the sake of having fun. It all seems like a job to me now. Currently I’m heavily invested in Destiny 2 and nothing against that game, I love it a lot, however now I feel as if I can’t break out of that mentality. In Destiny, my time is rewarded with XP, triumphs, rare weapon drops, skins in game, all of which I enjoy. However, after awhile that sort of gaming gets very exhausting and starts to feel like a job. I start to dread wanting to play sometimes and I end up just not even turning on my computer after work.

I was wondering if anybody else has been experiencing this first world problem lol and how you’ve either broken out of it or dealt with it.

submitted by /u/ebpicgamer
[link] [comments]

from top scoring links : Games https://ift.tt/2QyKhs7

Comments