First Timer Raclette

Hey all, just found this sub trying to figure this out.

My GF invited my parents and her mom over for Raclette on NYE. I never even heard of it before 2 days ago.

So, I'm doing some brainstorming on what to do. We live somewhat rural, so access to some fancier type stuff is hard.

So far, this is what I am planning on having:

Prosciutto

Chicken Breast (cut thin)

Salami

Moose

Gouda

Monterey Jack

Swiss

Bell Peppers

Mushrooms

Zucchini

Olives

Gherkins

Potatoes

Baguette

And maybe a small, simple salad on the side.

My mum is taking care of the wine.


Do I need to marinate the chicken, or season the veg? I wont marinate the moose, as I like to leave it basic. Other than cutting up all the stuff, is there any other prep I should do to make this night a good one? I've entertained for friends before, but our tastes are usually of the beer and burgers style. This is way out of my wheel house.

And is it just me, or is Raclette really just charcuterie warmed up?

submitted by /u/-Quad-Zilla-
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Qrq0EF

Comments