Cold steeped milk tea

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new item at my cafe by cold steeping ceylon in milk, it uses a lot of tea, but I've found that using 5%(dry tea, but rinse it after weighing) to milk works the best with a 3 day steep.

This produces a really nice milk tea with a lot of tea flavor, however it's still kind of boring, I mean the product is super good don't get me wrong, but it's too simple to serve over ice, but I can't find ways to bring it to the next level without taking away too much.

I've tried adding caramel, demerara syrup, cinnamon powder, and none of them are quite doing what I want. I really want to keep it simple, just elevate it, so I'm not trying to add toppings or tapioca balls.

Do you guys have any ideas?

submitted by /u/Playstyle
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2ZxDaUH

Comments