Custard Doughnuts

I’m not totally sure if this type of question is allowed - if not I’m really sorry! I don’t know if I put the right flair, but I chose the one that seemed to make the most sense.

So I have some Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I got about 2.5 days ago. They’ve been sitting at room temp in their original box that whole time. They are chocolate iced and filled with custard.

I just ate one and thought about it... doesn’t custard go bad if not refrigerated? Will I get sick from it, or is Krispy Kreme custard preserved in a way that prevents spoiling? The doughnut tasted fine aside from being a little soggy, but now I’m overthinking it and feeling like the custard tasted a little weird.

I think I’m probably just being my usual anxious self, but I wanted to ask here to be sure. So, am I likely to become unwell due to eating the doughnut? Thanks for any input!!

submitted by /u/ellabirde
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2lcXU4y

Comments