Grilled chicken too tender/juicy?

I just grilled some boneless chicken thighs that's been marinated with coconut milk, lime juice, chili paste, and some spices, chicken was in the marinade for maybe 2 hours?

Anyway, tossed those on a preheated charcoal grill and cooked each side for 4-5 minutes on high before basting with the same (but cooked) marinade and continued to flip and baste until they had good color on them.

The flavor was great, but the meat was almost too tender for me, a ton of juices were coming out onto the plate when I pressed it with a fork, and it was just too soft, I don't know how else to describe it. There was no bite to the meat.

Now I'm worried, did I undercook it? The meat looked white and I cooked it longer than the recipe suggested. Was it just injected? I got the chicken from Safeway. Should I just throw the rest out?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/whattheheck852
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2XfbHJI

Comments